About Doug Holmes
Besides being a realtor, I am also a math instructor at the College of Charleston. My gift for explaining things to people combined with my numerical skills seemed to make real estate a natural fit. I can explain the complicated questions that come up during real estate transactions and make sure we get the right numbers.
- College of Charleston Math Instructor since 1996
- Former U.S. Naval Officer
- Two daughters - Beth is an Emergency Medicine Physician and Alex is working in the President's Office at the College of Charleston.
- BS degrees in Math('85) and Physics('83) from CofC, summa cum laude
- MS degree('92) in Math from CofC, summa cum laude
- SC Chess Champion 1989
- Kiawah Men's Golf Champion 2002
- Married Kathleen Kaiser on September 28, 2003
I am extremely precise and detail oriented and take tremendous pride in my work. My goal is to always do an absolutely incredible job for anyone I work for. All my students and real estate clients would gladly attest to this. My creed is to do a good job first and the rewards will take care of themselves.
My math skills and market knowledge give me the ability to price homes correctly. Overpriced homes do not sell. As a seller, you want to make sure that your home is priced correctly so that it will sell quickly and for the maximum amount the market will allow. As a buyer, you want to make sure that you do not overpay for a home.
I also work as a statistical consultant for several hundred agents in the Charleston area. I teach pricing and market statistics to the agents and provide them with an on going analysis of the real estate market. I frequently visit real estate offices all over the Charleston area to provide aid to the agents and keep them updated.